Of course the operation of these things does not keep the solution
from being diluted since the purpose is to keep the solution from back
siphoning and that operation will dump solution and allow fresh water
in. It's a delicate balance that takes lots of testing to maintain.

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 2:50 PM, Thom <tmcma...@firetechinc.com> wrote:
> AS a continuation of what Mark said, what are the relative elevations of the
> two points of connection? Sufficient elevation difference could make any
> loop less effective.

Ron Greenman
Instructor
Fire Protection Engineering Technology
Bates Technical College
1101 So. Yakima Ave.
Tacoma, WA 98405

rgreen...@bates.ctc.edu

http://www.bates.ctc.edu/fireprotection/

253.680.7346
253.576.9700 (cell)

Member:
AFSA, SFPE, ASCET, NFPA, NFSA, AFAA, ASEE, NIBS, WSAFM, WFC

They are happy men whose natures sort with their vocations. -Francis
Bacon, essayist, philosopher, and statesman (1561-1626)