From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of Charles Thurston
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2011 11:30 AM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: Electrical Rooms

Hello Ed.Tambini,

I know here that anything that enters the elevator room can not exit the room
unless it goes directly into the shaft. Had a building that had been here 20
years, Got a new owner who did the typical paint/wallpaper make over. When the
elevator inspector came out the sprinkler pipe passing through the equipment
room on the roof to a mechanical room on the roof had to be removed before he
would certify the elevator. The pipe was rerouted from the floor below, Had to
tear out a bunch of finished work to do the coring.