NFPA 13, 2007

8.10.7.2.1.7* Sprinklers shall be permitted to be placed without
regard to the blades of a ceiling fan, provided the plan
view of the fan is at least 50 percent open.

A.8.10.7.2.1.7 The housing unit of the ceiling fan is expected
to be addressed by the Four Times Rule.

Dewayne,

I just read something about this saying that they were inconsequential
and could be ignored. I believe it's in the latest NFPA Journal but I
don't have it here. And of course I may be remembering wrong and read
it in Ladies Home Journal and they have no effect on baking. I get
confused at times.