I have a project were the AHJ did some field fire testing on a canopy and
decided that since a sample the thermoplastic ROOF membrane "sustained flame
after an exposure to flame", sprinklers were required in the canopy.

 

I thought the canopy meet the exceptions of 8.15.7.3 (2).  

 

I didn't think the material on top of the canopy was a consideration. This
canopy is constructed with a EIFS (FSI <25) attached to 2 layers of exterior
gypboard attached to the bottom of 2x12's(joist spaces @22ft^3) with OSB and
built up TPO roofing on top.

 

Am I wrong in thinking that we are protecting the canopy from ignition
sources underneath it, not above it?

 

Thanks for any insight or help,

 

Randy Knutson, CET

Sales Manager

Shilo Automatic Sprinkler, Inc.

(208) 412-6113 cell

(208) 466-0006 ext 119

 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

For Technical Assistance, send an email to: [email protected]

To Unsubscribe, send an email to:[email protected]
(Put the word unsubscribe in the subject field)

Reply via email to