From: sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org
[mailto:sprinklerforum-boun...@firesprinkler.org] On Behalf Of John O'Connor
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:26 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: RE: Expansion chamber for anti-freeze

In a water or antifreeze filled wet system (in service long enough to
completely absorb all air) and the common practice of using backflow
preventers, a system subjected to high temperature swings will could
experience high pressures that cannot be dissipated thru a 1/32" hole in a
clapper of the check valve.  Hence escalating pressures and no way to vent
same.  Pressure chamber does the trick.

John O'Connor
Nashville TN