13R - 6.9.7 allows omission if there isn't access to the dwelling unit. 13 you have to sprinkler them.
Rod DiBona Rapid Fire -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Matt Grise Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:56 AM To: '[email protected]' Subject: closets on balconies I am looking at an apartment group that has some units sprinkled to 13 (not 13R) due to common areas in the building not being separated. The balconies of the rooms have a small closet that is only accessible from the balcony. The walls of the closet are 1 hr rated. Do those need sprinklers? I am leaning towards yes, but I could not find anything that definitively said one way or the other. Matt Grisé PE*, LEED AP Sales Engineer Alliance Fire Protection 130 w 9th Ave. North Kansas City, MO 64116 *Licensed in KS & MO 913.888.0647 ph 913.888.0618 f 913.927.0222 cell www. AFPsprink.com -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/private/sprinklerforum/attachments/20120112/aeca880b/attachment.html> _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum _______________________________________________ Sprinklerforum mailing list [email protected] http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
