Vince
I use my iPad in the field in several ways.  IAnnotate opens PDF files from 
Dropbox and you can mark them up including adding pictures.  I also use a 
program called PunchList.  This program will use a PDF floor plan as a 
background and let you add notes and pictures.  It will then compile a nice 
report in which you can sort by multiple topics. The report will generate a 
page for each item with description and pictures and the floor plan will show 
the location of each numbered item.   For actual drawing in the field AutoCad 
WS is in my opinion still lacking. I do however have very good luck running 
AutoCad 12 on a touch screen 12 inch HP Lipton that folds back into a tablet. 
It is an I5 with 8 gig of ram and a 1Gig ATI video card.   Not a real speed 
demon but pretty light and the battery last a good long time.  Using AutoCad in 
touch screen tablet mode was clumsy under Windows 7 but pretty slick under 
Windows 8. 
The IPad is much more convenient and easier to use for checking things if I 
don't need to be doing actual design work.   I would also recommend the otter 
box case.  I love my defender series case to protect it in the field and the 
utility series with the rear one hand grid and neck strap keep my from putting 
it down and losing it.  
Another keeper program is Toodledo for managing projects

David Canham
Fire Systems Solutions
15 Sayles Avenue
Lincoln, RI 02865
401-725-1089

Sent from my iPad

On May 25, 2012, at 6:28 PM, Vince Sabolik <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello all --
> 
> Is anyone using tablet for field survey yet?
> Care to provide details?
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Vince Sabolik, West Tech Fire Protection, Inc.
> 11351 Pearl Road / Strongsville, Ohio 44136       440 238-4800     Fax 440 
> 238-4876
> ____________________________________________________________________  
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: 
> <http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/private/sprinklerforum/attachments/20120525/f1ef5e87/attachment.html>
> _______________________________________________
> Sprinklerforum mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum
> 
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to