Things are known to be a bit different in CA.  Rumors from time to time about 
drain lines and where the water is permitted to go we hear in the other 48 
state (CO being the 49th where I hear rumors).  Let's say I have a dry system 
on a pier and the ITV at the remote end is over the ocean.  Can I just let it 
drain to grade (which will shortly end up in the ocean)?  Does it need to be 
captured and trucked off site for 'safe' disposal?  Now if there is a little 
AFFF residue in there?  What about the 2" main drain on the dry valve that will 
also be over water?

Chris Cahill, PE*
Senior Fire Protection Engineer, Aviation & Facilities Group
Burns & McDonnell
8201 Norman Center Drive
Bloomington, MN 55437
Phone:  952.656.3652
Fax:  952.229.2923
[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>
www.burnsmcd.com<http://www.burnsmcd.com/>

Proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For
*Registered in: MN




-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: 
<http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/private/sprinklerforum/attachments/20120821/9d7d21df/attachment.html>
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://fireball.firesprinkler.org/mailman/listinfo/sprinklerforum

Reply via email to