State Board of Insurance is gone. Now it's TDI (Texas Dept. of Insurance & State Fire Marshal)
On 9/9/2013 6:08 PM, Charles Thurston wrote:
Hello Christopher,

State Insurance Board does the licensing testing for the state. It has been 20
years since I lived there and it was home Rule then.

Kinda my question too.  Is it State wide or does each city need to
adopt?  If by City I assume most of the larger ones do adopt? The
rules didn't help in my admittedly quick read.  I understood TX is a
lot of home rule and not a lot from the State level.  For example,
here in MN there is one fire code throughout the state and 25 is
required in every....dog house, hen house.... well at least the sprinklered
ones.
Not trying to ding anyone.  Was asked to justify it in a report
whether it's a requirement or just a recommendation.
Chris Cahill, PE*
Senior Fire Protection Engineer
Burns & McDonnell
8201 Norman Center Drive
Bloomington, MN 55437
Phone:  952.656.3652
Fax:  952.229.2923
ccah...@burnsmcd.com
www.burnsmcd.com
Proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For
*Registered in: MN