I list the deficiencies on the report. Then I reference the reasons behind the requirement, quoting 13 & 25. I may copy a page or two from the commentaries of 13 & 25. It also helps to enclose a copy of the service report with the job estimate. We forget the people who make the decisions, have no concept of what we do.

-----Original Message----- From: rongreenman .
Sent: Wednesday, April 15, 2015 10:26 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: 3 Year Air Test

Does the owner pay you to do it annually, every three years, or at all.
Whatever you contract to do is what you do. You use the appropriate form
and if it's a due item you mark it as not done, or if it fails.... If he
doesn't want to pay for any part you handle it the same way. it's his
responsibility to have things done. It's yours to do what he asks you to
do. You can advise him but ultimately it's his prerogative to take or leave
your advice.