Correction - half the density, not the mass I think. And I should do some
googling I guess- the old annubar stuck down through a hole in the top of
the pipe like a flow switch right? Whereas you would have to cut out a
section of pipe to install a venturi?
On May 10, 2016 5:08 PM, "Brad Casterline" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I thought annubar and venturi were synonymous. Create a constriction in
> the flow path and apply Bernoulli's Principle:
> ~where the velocity of a fluid is high the pressure is low and, where the
> velocity of a fluid is low the pressure is high~
> The change in pressure is half the mass times the velocity squared
> (Bernoulli's Equation).
> How is it broken? Something clogged up?
> On May 10, 2016 3:40 PM, "Karen Lesko" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> We have a mid 1980s fire pump installation with an annubar type flowmeter
>> on the line that recirculates to the fire water tank. The flowmeter is
>> broken so we have been testing our fire pumps with hydrant flows. We would
>> like to be able to do some testing with our recirculation line.  Is anybody
>> aware of a listed annubar flowmeter or do we need to switch to a venturi
>> type?
>>
>> Karen Lesko
>> Fire Protection Engineering
>> SRR, LLC
>> 803-221-0753
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sprinklerforum mailing list
>> [email protected]
>>
>> http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org
>>
>>
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to