Can someone provide clarification on NFPA 13 2013 8.17.5.1.3 hose
connections shall be supplied from one of the following:  (3)  “valved hose
connections on sprinkler risers where such connections are made upstream of
all sprinkler control valves”  .  Are they saying its ok to install one hose
valve on the riser after all control valves?  I have a pretty small system
and the FD wants (2) 1½” hose valves in the building and I’m trying to
figure out the most economical way to run the piping, I’d like to avoid
running a separate pipe system because it would be over 300’ of pipe…. Its
seems like if I follow 8.17.5.1.4 I can run lines from the 4” feed main on
my grid system to the 2 hose stations right?

 

Why does 8.17.5.1.4 state hose connections used for fire purpose only shall
be permitted to be connected to the wet pipe sprinkler system only, subject
to the following restrictions. Aren’t all hose connections for fire purpose
only?

 

Any input is greatly appreciate.

 

Thank you!!

Rocci Cetani III, CET

Designer

Water-Based Fire Protections Systems Layout, Nicet Level III

 

Northern California Fire Protection Services Inc.

16840 Joleen Way Bldg. A

Morgan Hill, CA 93037

P-(408) 776-1580 EXT.111

F-(408) 776-1590

 

 

[email protected]

www.norcalfire.com <http://www.norcalfire.com/> 

 

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message and any document accompanying it may
contain confidential information 

belonging to the sender. The information is intended only for the use of
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, or
the employee or agent responsible to deliver this message to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or taking of
any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please
immediately notify us by telephone to arrange for return of the documents.

 

_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to