I think you’d need to use one of the commercially manufactured test and
drain valves where you have the option of running full or at the k factor
you need for the testing part or you can split the drain near the terminus
and valve one way to the drain and one way to the test port.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2018 at 8:00 AM James Litvak <jameslit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On a 13R system, 6.9.2 specifies that the drain piping must be at least 1"
> nominal size. If a residential system riser has a 1" drain pipe to outside
> that has either a test valve with a 1/2" orifice or terminates at a broken
> sprinkler with a 1/2" orifice, does that drain piping still meet the
> requirements of 6.9.2?

Sent from Gmail Mobile