I have been in this industry for 25 years. I believe every company I have ever
worked at has done a hydraulic calculation when replacing Hydraulic Placards
due to an inspection deficiency. But yesterday we were having a discussion here
in the office as to whether or not the calculation was actually required per
NFPA 25. There is no information on the plate that indicates whether or not the
system even works ... just what is required. Does your company do a flow test
and calculation when replacing missing plates? And if so, what happens when you
discover that the system no longer works as originally designed?

John Irwin