A switch that looks like a light switch would be legit for a small motor.
If the compressor is on a dedicated 20A circuit it would need to be a 20A
rated switch. You wouldn't be able to tell a 20A from a 15A (common light
circuit rating) without looking at the rating. If it's a 20A/230V
compressor the switch would need to be a Double Pole/Single Throw. Again.
you can't tell from just the lever.

Ron Greenman

rongreen...@gmail.com

253.576.9700

The Universe is monstrously indifferent to the presence of man. -Werner
Herzog, screenwriter, film director, author, actor and opera
director (1942-)