I'm tempted to look at the actual hazard rather than what the commodity is
called. Airplane house/garage usually means hanger with the associated
hazards, but if you just have aluminium tubes with appendages...?
Presumably less activity than a typical warehouse, no combustible liquids
like in a parking garage and far less transients. Shielding of the floor by
the wings but private planes suggests A size aircraft so minimal, and
what's the likelihood of a hugely hazardous build-up of debris? I
think they may be right. I think it needs questioning but the final say is,
as usual, the AHJ. And the usual admonitions to CYA. Defining the hazard is
not your call. From
SFPE/NSPE/NICET/ASCET/NCEES Joint Position on the Engineer and the
Engineering Technician Designing Fire Protection Systems4.2.1 Engineering
Documents
The Engineer is responsible for the preparation of engineering documents
that establish the objectives and design criteria of the system(s). "Identify
occupancy type(s), areas to be protected (or omitted), and hazard
classification(s)"