What temp sprinkler and coating should be recommended for a trash chute?

On multistory buildings I keep getting asked to review the Trash chute drawing 
since we have to pipe to the sprinkler provide in the chutes. I always see ½" 
brass 155 deg heads being provided by the chute installer. While I'm typical 
being asked to provide intermediate in the Trash rooms. I would also assume the 
sprinkler should have some type of corrosion resistance due to the environment 
of the chute and the wash sprayer.

I want to recommend at a min. an intermediate poly- coated sprinkler, but don't 
know enough about Chute code to know if I'm in the wrong.

Jerry Van Kolken
Millennium Fire Protection Corp.
2950 San Luis Rey Rd.
Oceanside, CA 92058
(760) 722-2722 FX 722-2730

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail and any attachments are for the sole use of 
the intended recipients and contain information that may be confidential or 
legally privileged. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify 
the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message. Any disclosure, copying, 
distribution, or use of this communication by someone other than the intended 
recipient is prohibited.
_______________________________________________
Sprinklerforum mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.firesprinkler.org/listinfo.cgi/sprinklerforum-firesprinkler.org

Reply via email to