>From NFPA 13-2016, Table A.5.6.3:

Food Products - Non-Frozen

        Dry foods (such as baked goods, candy, cereals, cheese, chocolate,
cocoa, coffee, grains, granular sugar,  nuts, etc.); bagged  or cartoned
        Class III

Larry Keeping

-----Original Message-----
From: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> On Behalf
Of Jamie Seidl via Sprinklerforum
Sent: April 7, 2021 3:38 PM
To: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org>
Cc: Jamie Seidl <jamie.se...@gmail.com>
Subject: Soybean, corn, oat, & wheat storage

Warning! This email came from outside your company.

I am looking at a project that is storing soybean, corn, oat and wheat seeds in
large polypropylene  bags (think large sand / rock bags) . The client has
indicated that these are to be stored on floor, two high for a total storage
height of less than 12'.  I know NFPA 13 does not address this, and FM seems to
be silent also.
Based on the storage height, and free flowing nature of the product I am
leaning towards an ordinary group 2 classification, but wanted to run it by the
forumites to see if anyone has run across this in the past.
Any Takers?

Thanks,
Jamie Seidl