Guys,
This may apply in other States besides Florida, but here we have a "Florida
Fire Prevention Code" that is the minimum State Wide Code that all
AHJs/Jurisdictions must adhere to. It is readily available at the State Fire
Marshall's Web Site for review. A jurisdiction can require more than the State
Standard, but not less.
However, if a Jurisdiction requires MORE than the State Standard, that entity
must submit the proposed changes/additions to the State Fire Marshall's office
for review and approval. If the State approves the change, it will be added to
a Publicly Available List of jurisdictions that require more than the minimum
code, and a detailed exception will be published publicly.
Before I "Bought in" to a local AHJs requirement, I would look into how your
State Fire Marshall's office is structured and if individual jurisdictions are
allowed to arbitrarily require things that the code does not require or mandate.
Requiring a certain type of Sprinkler Head not required by the Codes/Standards
seems some what subjective and arbitrary in my opinion.
There must be consistency in the codes and how they are enforced in our
industry or it will become chaotic.

John Farabee | Certified Lower Keys Plumbing and Fire | C: 561-707-5150 | F:
305-294-2462

John W. Farabee
561-707-5150

    On Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 09:25:14 AM EST, Mike Stossel via