From: Sprinklerforum <sprinklerforum-boun...@lists.firesprinkler.org> On Behalf
Of Matt Grise via Sprinklerforum
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2022 6:00 AM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Cc: Matt Grise <m...@afpsprink.com>
Subject: ESFR obstruction shift

I am looking at a warehouse layout where we can get a very nice head pattern by
laying the heads out 10ft by 10ft, and then shifting the ones that land near
joists 1ft along the line as allowed by NFPA 13.

The only issue is that we have to shift every other head. Making a 9ft - 11ft
pattern along the branch line. As far as I can tell, this meets the letter of
the code, but it seems like a stretch.

Has anyone come across a similar situation where so many heads needed to be
shifted to avoid roof structures?

Matt