I'm old now so you get a story first, probably with a divergence (and there
it is already and again), but Grinnell made a sprinkler that had
different K-factors depending on the height it was placed at (9.0, 9.2,
9.4, etc.). An AHJ once called me out for using 9.0 in a calculation whose
height fell into the 9.4 range. That;'s where he had stopped reading
because the following paragraph in that datasheet said to always use 9.0 in
the calculations. Once I pointed that out to him all was good. Similarly, I
recall (and I have no reference material to check) someone (likely Grinnell
or Tyco) had/has a sprinkler that is QR to a certain height and SR when
higher. You might want to check. Problems don't always have solutions that
are obvious, simple, and wrong. Sometimes the right answer is simple if not
obvious.