Scot

I don't disagree but one thing that water is not is friendly to electronic
equipment and "clean agent" type systems are not necessarily considered
"clean" because of environmental issues, even though I know they push that
argument but the "agent" doesn't cause any damage or require any clean up
after a discharge. The point of them is to activate in the initial stages
before a fire fully develops to save the equipment and data.
Generally when we install a "clean Agent" system we tell our clients that a
sprinkler head still must be provided in the room and we supply a QR200
head, usually once they realize what it actually takes to set off a
sprinkler they realize that at that point everything in the room is already
pretty much destroyed by fire and smoke and the sprinkler needs to be there
for the protection of the building. If the "clean agent" system does its
job then the fire never gets a chance to spread and there is no concern of
the sprinkler going off. The other alternative is a dual "clean agent" and
"preaction" system if there is that much concern of water.
With cloud storage it seems as though this is becoming less and less of a
concern but there are some companies that just can't have the disruption in
their data flow.
If money is not the concern than I usually try to steer someone towards the
Victaulic Vortex system.

Thanks

Brett Peters
General Manager Installation & Design
Proudline Fire Protection Services Ltd.
br...@proudline.ca
780 490 7602 office ext 202
780 490 7605 fax
780 777 0568 cell
780 718 2676 24h
Visit us at www.proudline.ca

Proudline now offers ULc listed monitoring services, please contact
a...@proudline.ca for more information