Ben,
The lat exhauster of whjich I am aware was manufacturd by Star and continued 
after the Tyco acquisition.  When I was the division's VP of marketing (I left 
in 2008) we had discontinued the Star Model BB exhauster because it was only 
listed for use with two or three dry valves that were no longer manufactured.  
The listings for the exhauster were also limited to the exhauster being in part 
of the valve trim, and this was being abused by people locating the 
exhauster(s) at far ends of systems in order to use them as a 2 inch open port 
upon dry system actuation, and this arrangement was never part of their listing.
Tom Prymak

    On Tuesday, August 29, 2023, 02:36:53 PM CDT, Ben Young 
<[email protected]> wrote:  
 
 I do not believe anyone makes exhausters anymore. You might be able to find 
them used but who knows if they work.
Thanks,
On Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 12:55 PM Lamar Vaughn <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello All,
I have encountered a building with at least 12 dry pipe systems. These systems 
were installed around 1995 as combined dry pipe/preaction systems.Using a pilot 
line detection method to make it combined systems, to avoid the 1 minute trip 
time requirement for the systems. The pilot lines have since been disconnected, 
leaving them now as just dry pipe. The capacity of most of the systems is about 
1,700 gallons with a trip time of 4 minutes or so.
I don't believe an accelerator will help very much with these. My question is 
this, is there a large exhauster suitable for use on the ends of the systems to 
help with the discharge of air to get these trip times down?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Respectfully submitted, 

Lamar VaughnVaughn & Company678-429-3563

|  | Virus-free.www.avg.com |


_________________________________________________________
SprinklerForum mailing list:
https://lists.firesprinkler.org/list/sprinklerforum.lists.firesprinkler.org
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
-- 

Benjamin Young

_________________________________________________________
SprinklerForum mailing list:
https://lists.firesprinkler.org/list/sprinklerforum.lists.firesprinkler.org
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]  
_________________________________________________________
SprinklerForum mailing list:
https://lists.firesprinkler.org/list/sprinklerforum.lists.firesprinkler.org
To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]

Reply via email to