From: Adam Levine, P.E. [mailto:ad...@capitolfire.com]
Sent: Friday, July 19, 2024 12:58 PM
To: sprinklerforum@lists.firesprinkler.org
Subject: [Sprinklerforum] Gym Hazard Classification

I’ve always designed gyms as light hazard, although I’ve heard over the years
that some designers increase the hazard because of the plastic mats (even if
they are not stored over 5’). Assuming this is a standard gym (no foam rock
walls or anything complicated), how would most of you classify a gym?

Thanks! 🙌
ADAM LEVINE, P.E.​​​​
PRESIDENT
​phone:
718.533.6800 ext 137<tel:718.533.6800%20ext%20137>
email:
ad...@capitolfire.com<mailto:ad...@capitolfire.com>

direct: ​
917.818.4211