On 03/28/2015 04:30 AM, Chris wrote:

On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 6:01:59 PM UTC+11, Chris wrote:

Adrian,

Yes same machine and same learner driver. Everything was going well with
Metis and Networkx until I tried to install the visualisation packages
Pygraphviz and Graphviz. I was unable to get them to work and so
(misguidedly) I thought I would try a later version of Spyder.

Troubleshooting is not made easier by introducing more variables.

Previous version of Spyder was 2.3.2. It was installed from the .dmg
file by dragging the Spyder icon onto the Applications folder. It was
awhile ago and I can't remember any more details.

From what I understand the way to uninstall it is to drag the Spyder icon out of Applications into Trash.

The current version of Spyder is 2.3.3 and was installed by pip 'pip
install spyder'. The  About Spyder menu result is below:

Spyder 2.3.3
The Scientific PYthon Development EnviRonment
Copyright © 2009-2012 Pierre Raybaut
Copyright © 2010-2015 The Spyder Development Team
Licensed under the terms of the MIT License
Created by Pierre Raybaut
Developed and maintained by the Spyder Development Team
Many thanks to all the Spyder beta-testers and regular users.
Most of the icons come from the Crystal Project (© 2006-2007 Everaldo
Coelho). Other icons by Yusuke Kamiyamane (all rights reserved) and by
The Oxygen icon theme.
For bug reports and feature requests, please go to our Github website.
For discussions around the project, please go to our Google Group
This project is part of a larger effort to promote and facilitate the
use of Python for scientific and engineering software development. The
popular Python distributions Anaconda, WinPython and Python(x,y) also
contribute to this plan.
Python 2.7.8 64bits, Qt 4.8.6, PyQt4 (API v2) 4.11.1 on Darwin

I now notice that pip has installed version 2.3.4. I am not sure how
this happened, but guess that it is the source of the problem!

So how did you start the 2.3.3 version above?

So what to do to get out from under??

pip uninstall spyder

Adrian Klaver
adrian.kla...@aklaver.com