On 07/20/2015 03:01 AM, Jeroen Meidam wrote:
Launching Spyder either via terminal or menu, opens the same version.
In the KDE menu editor I see that the command for the Spyder shortcut is
"spyder %F".
Not sure what the %F does, haven't looked it up, but if I run that same
command from a terminal, the code runs fine again.

Yeah, I don't think that is the cause:

http://archive.oreilly.com/pub/h/3156

%F

Multiple selected files. Use this for programs that can act upon several files at once

In the advanced settings I checked "Run in terminal", but that did not
seem to make a difference.
Is there anything else I can try in this configuration window? What else
is different between running something from the terminal and via the
menu? Does it load a different environment perhaps?

Could be different environments though I am not quite sure how? Will have to think some on this.

On 17 July 2015 at 17:29, Adrian Klaver <adrian.kla...@aklaver.com