Hi all,

Since today, we officially stopped to support PySide in the Spyder master branch (i.e. in the future Spyder 3.0, Spyder 2.3 still works fine with it though). This means that:

1. If PySide is found in your system, and PyQt5 nor PyQt4 are installed, Spyder will try to use it. But at the moment, our master branch has several crashes with PySide that we don't plan to solve (at least not me, other core developers have shown interest in doing that but nothing has happened so far :-). 2. We're not going to solve more bugs related to PySide in the future (again, at least not me :-)
3. Support for it will have to come from the community.

The reasons for taking this decision are explained in the link referenced by Anatoly, in case someone wants to know them. Nobody is getting paid to support only PyQt (4 or 5). It was just a pragmatic decision based on the amount of time the development team has to support several Python Qt bindings. Given that we're now supporting PyQt5 (and that PyQt5 is going to be our default choice for Spyder 3.0), we don't have time to support both PyQt4 and PySide. And because of the uncertainty of PySide's future, we decided to not support it anymore.

Cheers,
Carlos