Hi,

Spyder works with Python 2 and Python 3 without problems.

How did you install Python and Spyder? I'm asking it because I don't recognize the first lines of the error you report:

File "c:\program files\python\lib\runpy.py", line 162, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)

I don't know why Spyder is trying to run through this "runpy.py" file because it doesn't belong to Spyder, and I don't recognize it as part of the Python standard library.

Cheers,
Carlos