Hi,

This particular example works for me now. I think it was fixed in ipykernel 4.4, which is a dependency of qtconsole, the package used by Spyder to create IPython consoles.

This is the list of packages I have in my system for you to compare (the result of "pip list")

alabaster (0.7.9)
astroid (1.4.8)
Babel (2.3.4)
backports-abc (0.4)
backports.functools-lru-cache (1.2.1)
backports.shutil-get-terminal-size (1.0.0)
beautifulsoup4 (4.5.1)
CDApplet (1.0)
CDBashApplet (1.0)
certifi (2016.9.26)