we’ve had a lot of issues with repr() of Enum and they should be fixed in
recent versions of SQLAlchemy, in particular the “name” render appears to work
as of the 0.8 series.

With 0.7.4 you’re at the very bottom of compatibility w/ alembic, so if you
can’t upgrade you can do a workaround via render_item:
http://alembic.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api.html#alembic.environment.EnvironmentContext.configure.params.render_item