I'm attempting to drop a unique constraint on MySQL 5.6.20, 64-bit, Python
2.7.6, SQLA 0.9.7, Alembic 0.6.6:

The table's very simple:

CREATE TABLE `author` (
  `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
  `name` varchar(75) CHARACTER SET utf8 NOT NULL,
  `foo` varchar(100) DEFAULT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`id`),
  UNIQUE KEY `name` (`name`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB AUTO_INCREMENT=2 DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4;

But when I attempt to drop the unique constraint on foo using op.
drop_constraint(u'uq_author_foo', 'author', type_='unique'), I get an error:

https://gist.github.com/urschrei/541fec05a3a82d71cbe9

Manually removing it, both on the command line and in Sequel Pro, works
fine.