Hi,

I am trying to use Alembic in a way that the codebase is split to several
Python packages and each package tracks their own tables and migration
history independently. Effective each package has its own versions and
env.py. Is this possible?  I assume it is possible as Alembic is pretty
powerful. I think the major issue here is that each package should have
their own migration history table, so they can be tracked and upgraded
independently.

Any pointers how I should approach this issue?

Other issues I become aware is that autogenerate consider tables outside
the package itself "alien" and tries to drop them. Please see this SO
question: http://stackoverflow.com/q/31196631/315168

Just for your information Django migrations handle this kind of situations.

Cheers,
Mikko
https://opensourcehacker.com