Hi,

First of all thanks for alembic which is great asset to have in your
development toolbelt.

I am experiencing large slowdowns when generating offline or doing online
migrations or even generating history. One of the CPU cores stays at 100%
for a large number of seconds.

I have 141 migrations
32 branchpoints and 40 merges

The hardware is:
Intel® Core™ i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00GHz × 4
with 8 GB of RAM

Each time I do a merge the time seems to grows. It looks to me that alembic
spends a lot of time calculating some dependency tree. Some timings on
commands *minutes:seconds*:

alembic history   1:31.57 total

alembic downgrade head:325b273d61bd --sql  1:24.10 total // This just
targets one migration

Is this a known problem? Any way I can speed it up?

Thanks, Pawel