> what is your search_path set to ?   see
> http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/dialects/postgresql.html#remote-schema-table-introspection-and-postgresql-search-path
> for background on this.    It is highly recommended that search_path remain
> set on "public" and that you do *not* refer to the "public" name directly
> in any table definitions.   Feel free to share a model that includes all
> the tables and constraints in question as well.

If I understood it correcty, we're not setting search_path. Sample with
pyramid's pshell:
$ pshell development.ini
In [1]: from notifications.models import *

In [2]: Base.metadata.schema is None
Out[2]: True

In [3]: Base.metadata.tables['notifications.email_attachment'].schema
Out[3]: 'notifications'