I have some services that automatically try to run all outstanding
migrations when started using alembic upgrade.

I have noticed an issue when I start multiple services in parallel (a
typical service deploy), that each one is actually trying to run the
migration script.

I would really like that one and only one service attempts the upgrade
while the others wait for the migration to complete or simply just go
ahead.

I would think the right place would be to store some state in the DB that a
migration is being attempted and that the parallel scripts would be able to
read this before doing their own migration.

Is this right or is there a better way to handle this situation.  If this
is right then does alembic itself store the state or is their a recipe for
what I am asking ?

Thanks,
Kris