hi guys,
I'm just taking over a legacy piece of code where tables were hand created
(SQL).

I'm trying to migrate this over to alembic. I dont have (want to use) any
python models, so this is alembic by itself.

I'm unsure of two things:
1. How do I create the first migration - for my first migration, I want to
snapshot the existing structure of the database. Most of the autogenerate
takes place only if there is an existing set of python models. How do I do
this in my case
2. How do I apply the migration ... without applying the migration. Since I
need alembic to start managing my db, I realize I need to get it to create
a "migrate_version" . However, I cant really apply the migration. How do I
do this ?

Thanks guys!
regards
sandeep