Dear author of alembic:

We use alembic to update database between different  version(both outgoing
and internal.
for example:
5.3,6.3,7.3 is outgoing version,others are internal version. all things are
going well.
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-hMWI42RzKog/WiYMNfFO50I/AAAAAAAAAAM/t-VSOmjy4yAqDyg5y_y0yZQa-hQocYCugCLcBGAs/s1600/normal%2Bversion%2Bupgrade.png>

but one day, 5.3 outgoing version need some function of 7.3 version, so we
have to merge code into 5.3 version, here comes the problem.
<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-m8C82nAQglw/WiYMWW7DZWI/AAAAAAAAAAQ/2-vHRmupcQkUsLTQGxOr6OZFz-gyN0c8gCLcBGAs/s1600/merge%2Bpervious%2Bversion%2Bupgrade%2Bproblem.png>

5.3 version upgrade to 6.3 version fail, because the versions of alembic
database is chaos.

Is there any better solution? Or what can we do to avoid? thank you ,hope
to hear you soon!

jeremy zhou