Thanks for the reply Mike.

This is something I clearly misunderstood, and I realised that late last
night after reading the docs but didn't follow-up here.

The naming is confusing, since `server_default` ends up in the DDL, but
server_onupdate doesn't. Even though the latter is named similar to
onupdate on a Foreignkey, which is server side.

I'll have to go back and add triggers for updated columns that should get
automatically updated when a change occurs. Do you know if there is a
recipe for this already somewhere?

Thanks,
Bert JW Regeer