Hi,

I am new to programming and have been experimenting with alchemy. I
have been wanting to ask some really simple questions that I just cant
seem to get right. I have been looking for sometime now to try find
code examples but I get the feeling everyone is so far ahead of me it
seems ridiculous to include this...

Firstly when retrieving information using mappers, I have not been very
successful at all in this If someone could offer a 2 line example of
this problem.

Retrieving Email.address if User.name == 'jack'

class User(object):
    def __init__(self,user_id, name, age, password):
        self.user_id = user_id
        self.name = name
        self.age = age
        self.password = password
    def __repr__(self):
        return self.name
user_mapper = mapper(UserTable, user_table)

class Email(object):
    def __init__(self, address,user_id):
               self.address = address
               self.user_id = user_id
    def __repr__(self):
        return self.address
email_mapper = mapper(EmailTable, email_table)

I have the same problem with locating a row and replacing one value in
that row. So in the above example if I wanted to change the
Email.address value for user.name == jack .

Thanks