Michael Bayer wrote:
> On Oct 17, 2006, at 1:50 AM, Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
>
> > I understand this like this:
> >
> > SQLAlchemy (DataMapper) can implement SQLObject (Active Record)
> > SQLObject (Active Record) cannot implement SQLAlchemy (DataMapper)
> > "
>
> I recommend you read Fowler's book if youre looking for an academic
> dicussion of data mapper vs. active record:
>
> http://www.martinfowler.com/books.html#eaa

I think it's clear that I'm neither looking for book-tips, nor for an
academic discussion.

I'm just looking for:

a) a simple confirmation of a statement:

"To avoid the technical issues involved the complication can
be summarized as: SQLAlchemy implements the Data Mapper pattern, of
which the Active Record pattern (which SQLObject implements) is a
subset."
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2006-September/359164.html

b) a simple confirmation of my conclusion:

.

--
http://case.lazaridis.com/wiki/Persist