i like this idea, and i committed a check in the foreign key init to
set the type if a column has NULLTYPE for a type (which is the default
if you send None).  but having the parameter optional requires some
positional *args games which id rather not get into right now, so it
looks like:

Column('user_id', None, ForeignKey("users.user_id"))