On 10/23/06, Karl Guertin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 10/22/06, Jorge Vargas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > is this statement correct?
> > # set to 1 to make SQLAlchemy echo SQL commands on the console
> > sqlalchemy.echo = 0
>
> I haven't looked at the code, but from experience I know that setting
> sqlalchemy.echo to anything but False in the config results in the sql
> statements getting echo'd.

0 would work too, of course, since it's a false value in Boolean
contexts. The code never checks for "if echo == False", but always a
simple "if echo:" test, so 0, or an empty list, or any other false
value will work.

It's still better to use False than 0, though, because that makes it
plain that it's a boolean value.

--
Robin Munn
[EMAIL PROTECTED]