Hello,

I seem to have a unicode issue since I updated to 0.3. I'm using Pylons
(with Myghty templates), and I have problems reading unicode data from a DB.

When my engine is set as "convert_unicode=True", I seem to get an SA error:

[...]
Module sqlalchemy.types:175 in convert_result_value
Module encodings.utf_8:16 in decode
   errors 'strict'
   input '\xc5LAND ISLANDS'
return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in
position 0-1: invalid data

All my Columns() are String().

When I set "convert_unicode=False", I seem to have a Myghty write error.

Error(UnicodeDecodeError): 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc5 in
position 0: ordinal not in range(128)

I don't seem to have problems inserting the data in the DB.

I had this problem before using 0.2.8, but putting
"convert_unicode=True" to my engine() fixed the problem.

Any idea ?

Regards,
--
Alexandre CONRAD - TLV FRANCE