Michael Bayer wrote:
> you shouldnt use "from sqlalchemy import *", even though its used in
> the docs for the sake of example, its generally looked down upon.

In modules I create that don't create SA tables and mappers, I use
"import sqlalchemy as sa", but thought it would be safe (bad
assumption) and practical to "from sqlalchemy import *" for a module
that primarily builds SA tables and mappings.  I'm curious as to what
others do in practice.

I'm leaning towards aliasing in places where I was importing the entire
namespace.

Randall