François Wautier wrote:
> What I have done is a create a function "fixRace". It takes a "race" as
> parameter and what it does is create a secondary mapper that is based on a
> query where the join is set properly. The mapper is then put in the "inRace"
> attribute of the "people" object.  My intention being to do things like

if you are creating mappers within functions on a per-request basis,
that is a Very Bad Idea.  dont create ad-hoc mappers just to create
queries.  you should only have one mapper per class, corresponding to
the scope of the class itself.  i am beginning to consider if the
"non_primary" keyword argument to mapper can even be deprecated since i
am hypothesizing that it doesn't provide any unique functionality, and
only leads to problems.

if you want a particualr query to occur, you should create the query
you want yourself.  without seeing anything that you are doing, if you
are having issues, things like that would be the biggest reason.