Daniel Miller wrote:
> Lately I've been noticing severe slowness when instantiating new SA
> objects...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that many of my class constructors take a parent
object as one of their arguments, which explains the slow instantiation.
cascade_test.py demonstrates that the problem is not happening during
instantiation, but rather when setting the parent attribute on the child object.

~ Daniel