On 12/5/06, g <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm trying to catch an SQLError that is raised due to a "Duplicate
> Entry" being inserted into a unique field in the db.
>
> I'm getting a "500 Internal error" when what I really want to do is
> catch it within the code.

This is because TurboGears wraps all of your methods with an implicit
transaction so a commit is being called whenever the one of your
methods is done (which is not desirable in some cases).  Check out
this thread[1] on the TG list for a recent solution to this on a
per-method basis.

[1]: http://tinyurl.com/yn99b3

--
Lee McFadden