> > when SA was first released, someone immediately suggested that the
> > identity map of Session be weak referencing, which appeared to be an
> > obvious improvement, so that you could load as many objects as you want
> > from the session and whatever you didnt use would just go away.  but
> > now it appears that the more intuitive operation for a Session is that
> > things that get loaded into it, stay there, until you say otherwise.

If I got what yoy mean, I think I had suggested something like that
myself... but it was back in SA 0.1 days, when there was no explicit
Session.

But are you saying that doing sth like

a = MappedObject()

session.save(a)

del a

would prevent 'a' from being saved when flushing the session? In SA 0.3.1 it
seems to stay in it. Or it's just a matter of changed attributes, something
like

a = query.get_by(id=x)
a.attribute = 4
del a

?

In both cases, I think the strongly referenced behaviour is OK. If it's in a
session, I want an object to be tracked whatsoever, unless I explicitly
remove it.

--
Alan Franzoni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-