It must be something stupid on my end, then.  I'm sure I'll smack
myself when I figure it out.

Thanks for your help.

On Dec 20, 6:24 pm, "Michael Bayer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
i just tried out your example and it executes fine using mysql 5, query
output is:

SELECT blog_articles.timestamp AS blog_articles_timestamp,
blog_articles.text AS blog_articles_text, blog_articles.id AS
blog_articles_id, blog_articles.title AS blog_articles_title
FROM blog_articles
WHERE year(from_unixtime(blog_articles.timestamp)) = %s ORDER BY
blog_articles.id

params: ['2006']