in sanjay's example, its inserting an integer 1 or 0 value, not "True".

I think that's the problem. He's saying:

"""What happens is, while fetching, boolean columns are fetched as integer
type (0, 1)."""

He's trying to set the show_ads column from the value of another column
(directly pulled from the db)

So, I suppose a) the columns are boolean, and b) the values were inserted as
booleans, otherwise they couldn't have been inserted at all (at least I
suppose so; if psycopg complains once, it should always complain about that
type-mismatch). Hence the problem is that the value is returned as integer,
but needs a boolean to be re-inserted.

In my example, I just showed that bool values in my own system *are*
returned as bool.

It'd be nice now to know from Sanjay which system & version is using.

--
Alan Franzoni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
-